Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday in Winnipeg



Rain was coming down all afternoon this still warm August day. Unlike this morning, when the hard rain caused chaos with traffic lights out and underpasses filled, the afternoon rain felt less burdensome. Perhaps it is because it is Friday. As I drove down Robin Boulevard, I saw ducks alongside Assiniboine Park looking quite happy with themselves.

The sun was trying to peak through to promising for a rain free night for the Blue Bombers and Goldeyes.

I was flipping channels on the radio and not particularly rushing home. Caught a movie review on CBC Radio One, listened to a pre-game discussion of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers game on CJOB. I love the retro uniform, by the way. Tuned into ska on UMFM for a bit. Back to CJOB to hear about the Winnipeg Goldeyes game and to KICK FM where I listened to an interview of Kenton Larsen on The Great Canadian Talk Show.

It was just a lazy drive in rush hour traffic where the scenery of spitting rain clouds and blue skies fighting it out along with a audio narrative of what is happening in the city made me really happy to live in such a great city.

hit counter javascript

myspace hit counter